Friday, March 21, 2008

SoccerProfiles

A couple of months ago we started marketing our soccerprofiles.org website via Facebook and Google. At first I was skeptical. I have always felt that word of mouth marketing is the only way to grow your product on the web. I have been more inclined to focus customer experience than on growing our user-base.

Now, 3 months later we have doubled our user-base and seen our unique visitor per day double. The site is become more user friendly and I think it starting to earn a reputation for being the best "soccer only" recruiting site on the web.

While there are a lot of other sites that roll in all sports under one umbrella, I have always been of the mindset that I want to focus on what I am really good at and be the best at that. Think of it this way, when you want to buy a pair of really good soccer cleats do you go to the soccer shop down the street that specializes in that sport, or do you go to Sports Chalet down at the mall.

Ultimately, our goal is to build the best soccer recruiting site on the web and enable students to connect with colleges and coaches.

0 comments: