Sunday, March 02, 2008

Your Brand = Your Employees

Today I was at my dad's Toyota dealership where I often meet my students in the board room. Most often we are never bothered by employees, and so I never have any interaction with his staff.

This morning was different. One of his employees walked into the boardroom quietly, unplugged our space-heater and walked out with it. At the time, Frankie and I were in discussions about the critical reading passage we just read so I said nothing.

After my session, I walked over to the employee and asked if I could the space-heater back (I bought it for the specific purpose of having it there for when I met with students). He proceeded to ask me a lot of questions and telling me that it was his space-heater blah blah. He, at the time, had no idea that my dad owned the dealership and that I owned the space-heater.

Long story short, after my encounter with the employee I walked away wondering how he treats my dad's customers. It has been bothering me all day, so I decide to blog about it. At the end of the day, your employees are the best representation of your brand for they are the ambassadors of your company on the front lines. They deal with customers, prospective leads, other employees, and academic tutors like me who just rent the conference room on Sundays.

0 comments: