Friday, February 29, 2008

Java City - Midtown Sacramento

As I stood in line at Java City today for my hot chocolate (I don't drink coffee) I couldn't believe that there was such a line at 8AM.

I started to then think about how each of these folks must come into Java City everyday and get their standard order.

I remember reading a blog posting by Seth Goodin where he asked a really interesting question, "When was the last day you went a whole day without buying anything?"

I can't remember a day like that.

Not sure what made me think about that at Java City, but it would be interesting to see if you took the $3 you spent on your morning drink, and just 10 days a month put that money into a money market. $30 a month for say 25 years. I am not a math guy, but I got to believe that if you did that on a regular basis for 25 years you would have saved up some nice bank.

0 comments: